I got to chat with Linda Syata on her passion for baking and where she draws her inspiration from, since baking is indeed an art. Follow her on twitter https://twitter.com/SyataLinda
- Tell us a little about yourself and what you do:
The three Cs: Calm, cool and cool
Events logistician by day, renegade baker by night and a 24/7 mom
- Your best social media platform?
Twitter, without a doubt
- What do you use social media for mostly?
Marketing my cake business, sharing my experiences in terms of baking, events management and being a young mom.
- What did you study?
Events and Convention Management, Pastry/Baking
- Where did your love for baking start?
When I was growing up my mom used to bake too and I used to be amazed by her work and I wanted to do that too. So I started baking and with time I realized that I actually enjoyed it and even asked to go to school and learn how to do it professionally.
- What are your top 3 flavors?
Lemon, blueberry and passion
- What would you say you enjoy baking more and why:
Cupcakes: because I am able to get creative with them
- Do you think the government is doing enough to curb unemployment?
Yes and No: see we have the Youth Fund and Uwezo Fund and so many other funds in the county level which have been setup to help the youth and empower us. However, to land yourself a loan you probably have to be knowing someone in those offices to lend you a helping hand. Other funds have been setup but no one talks about them that means very few people are aware that these avenues are there to help us.
- What would you advice anyone looking to be a professional baker?
JUST DO IT!
Trust the process
- Tell us a secret about you:
I’m the shyest human you will ever meet
- Spirit animal:
- What would you advice a young you?
The fun never ends
- What has baking and being a mom taught you?
That a mother is the most energetic person in the world and being a baker teaches you that your body can use less sleep and you still wake up creative.
- Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
There is never a time in life where you will be ready, when the opportunity presents itself you just have to cease it and learn as you go.