I got to chat with Nick on what we should expect from Switch TV new shows and content. He also has some advice for all the youths looking to be TV presenters and shares what he has learned along the way.
- Tell us about you:
Nick Mudimba is an award winning journalist based in Nairobi, previously with KTN Supersport Africa Bamba Sport and now with the new kids on the block Switch TV. His instagram account https://www.instagram.com/nickmudimba/?hl=en
- Your best social media platform?
- What do you use social media for mostly?
Getting quick info on what’s trending and news stories
- What do you love most about being a TV Presenter?
Brings out the best in me. It has unlocked many opportunities for me and has developed me as a person.
- Tell us more about Switch TV, what should we expect?
This is a rebellious station, this is the uncommon station, what you’ll see on switch TV is not what you have seen on Kenyan TV. It’s basically targeting the youth who need lots of inspiration to go through challenging stages. The vision of Switch TV to be the most influential platform to empower the youth to face the world through the kind of entertaining, informative content the station offers.
- What are some of the challenges of being a media personality?
- Trying to fit in where you aren’t used to.
- Perception from the public which in turn gives unnecessary pressure.
- You cannot just be at any place.
- Your top 5 travel destinations?
- The Mara
- Lewa conservancy
- Dar es salaam
- Cape town
- How do you manage to keep your private life off social media?
I manage to keep it off by just keeping busy, the principles I have is just to be private with life In general.
- Tell us something about you that would surprise us:
I’m a private pilot license holder.
- What would you advice anyone looking to get into your line of work?
To be vigorous, self belief and willing to accept correction, it’s an industry you learn every day.
- Which male celebrity would you love to work with and why:
Johnson Mwakazi- He brings out the best in you, he’s a destiny shaper.
- What advice would you give young you?
Nick take it slow, you are allowed to make mistakes.
- Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
Keep God first, your health is very important, don’t repeat the same mistake, do more listening than talking.