I got to chat with @Mike4rmRuaiKE , about what made him take up a career in hospitality and later how he discovered his love for business
- Tell us a little about yourself:
I’m a young Christian man aged 32 with a vast experience in the world of hospitality.
- What did you study?
I studied Diploma in Food and Beverages at the Railways Training Institute Nairobi Campus
- When did you know what you want to study?
I knew what I wanted to study when I was very young but I wouldn’t kid that I was also smitten by the media industry.
- What would you advice anyone looking to enter into your line of work?
Always say true to your passion because it will be your guiding star wherever you go
- Your best social media platform?
- What do you use social media for mostly?
I normally use social media for building awareness, business, interacting and leisure.
- Name 5 businessmen you admire:
- If you were the President of Kenya what would you do differently especially to tackle unemployment?
I would reduce local tax production rate on all sectors plus SMEs and maintain the rate on big business generating an income of Kshs.1 Million so as to boost the conducive business environment for the growing Wanjiku, focus on improving infrastructure and communication facilities so as to reduce the unemployment rate.
- What do you think can be done to improve the Kenyan economy?
Decrease the borrowing and focus on foreign, regional and local trade to counter the unnecessary borrowing.
- What would you advise your younger self?
Generate your income mostly on your passion rather than what you studied.
- Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
Do what you like and don’t hurt others in the process, help others in growing because the reward is greater to see growth on others because a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle, and don’t hold the ball for too long.