I got to chat with @JofaysK on her passion for starting her food delivery service. It is always amazing to see different entrepreneurs take a leap of faith. Enjoy the read and share widely.
- Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Faith Adinda, clinical nutritionist and a business woman.
- What did you study?
I studied food science and nutrition.
- Why did you decide to start your business?
I wanted to do something for myself, actually my business is more of passion. I love cooking and farming two things that make me feel complete. Getting hands dirty but the products are amazing.
- Your best social media platform?
Twitter and Instagram.
- What do you use social media for mostly?
Market my products and also share my fitness journey.
- What do you love most about using social media for Marketing?
Social media for marketing is quite interesting I mean clients do get to you with honest feedback. Your product gets both positive feedback and also negative feedback. It’s very important for the business you know.
- What would you advice entrepreneurs still shying away from using social media?
Don’t shy away from social media as a marketing platform, sometimes you need that honest feedback to improve your production skills.
- What advice would you give the government in regards to helping entrepreneurs?
Please, Government of Kenya, stand with us little entrepreneurs don’t finish us we’re here to help build the economy. Make the journey not so draining.
- If you were the President of Kenya what would you do differently especially to tackle unemployment?
I wouldn’t make it hard for the entrepreneurs starting their small hustles. Plus avoid “reemploying” old people. Give youth chance.
- Name the top 5 business women you look up to:
- Tabitha Karanja
- Michelle Ntalami
- Njeri Muchina
- Dr. Jennifer Riria
- What do you think can be done to improve the Kenyan economy?
Stop overtaxing the people while there’s no employment it doesn’t make sense. Support local business.
- What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
Working out. I never knew I’d come to fall in love with it so much haha. Well I’m mostly an indoor person so watching and reading. Of important is cooking that is trying new recipes.
- What would you say is your dream business if finances were not an issue?
Open a joint, not really joint but a hotel with good customer service and fresh foods. One step at a time we shall get there.
- What would you advise your younger self?
Don’t give up! Take each day at a time. Don’t kill yourself over it.
- Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
Life is short, so things that make you happy. Focus on yourself and make yourself better. About work, just because it didn’t work for me doesn’t mean it won’t work for you, plus be disciplined in your job and love what you do it will one-day bear fruits.