I got to chat with @Dreymwangi, Influencer and Content Creator on what inspired him down this journey and the lessons he has learned along the way. Enjoy the read and share.
· Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Drey Mwangi, a social media influencer and a content creator.
· What did you study?
I studied B comm at Kenyatta University.
· Your best social media platform?
· What do you use social media for mostly?
Most of the time I use social media for fun.
· When did you discover you can be an influencer?
Back in 2020 when there was a 32 inch TV competition and we were being required to gather 3000 retweets by @plugpoint_ke, but never won it. That’s when I discovered I can be an influencer.
· What do you love most about being an influencer?
In influencing you are given the freedom to do your job your own way with minimal supervision.
· What are some of the challenge’s influencer’s face?
Delayed payments or no payment at all that’s the influencers main Challenge.
· Name your top 5 best campaigns that you were part of:
· What advice can you give other people looking to get into your line of work?(influencer)
Keep on giving your followers good content and brands will reach out when the right time comes, good things take time
· What do you think about buying followers?
Personally I have never bought followers on any social media, and I wouldn’t recommend upcoming or aspiring influencers to do that, let people follow you for your content, your audience will relate better to the product you are pushing.
· What do you think can be done to improve the Kenyan economy?
Taxation is a major challenge to business and individuals living in Kenya, they should reduce the rates.
· What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
I love travelling, spending time with my family, swimming sometimes or playing football
· What would you say is your dream business if finances were not an issue?
Real Estate or owning a motor hub.
· What would you advise your younger self?
Not everything will go your way or favor you but keep going, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
· Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
I’m always open to new ideas and working with new people and brands, wishing everyone success in their endeavors, Stay safe everyone.