I got to chat with Fundi , @OsamaOtero , one thing that stands out is his passion for his work which is definitely something we can all admire . Hope you enjoy the read.
- Tell us about you :
Well I am Osama Otero, a humble Kenyan who is into laptop repairs. Basically I am an electronics technician.
- Your best social media platform?
- What do you use social media for mostly?
For social justice awareness, business and humanitarian activities.
- What did you study?
I have two college certificates. One for electrical and electronics engineering and the other one for Environmental Technology
- When did your passion for Entrepreneurship start?
Unemployment lead me towards this road, anyway I have loved electronics since when I was a kid. Repairing radios at the age of 12.
- What do you love most about being an influencer?
Changing lives on positive impacts.
- What can you say has been the defining moment of your careers?
Tweet for those who got jobs through my tweets.
Tweet for my clients.
Last but not least tweet for Lucy. We make mistakes and we learn from our mistakes. Life is lesson here is my chance to study it.
- What are some of the challenges you face with clients?
Dishonesty from a few of them.
- Which are some of the best campaigns you have worked for?
They are many but I got to mention my first ever. DSTV!! It was ORGANIC! My heart always goes to humanitarian campaigns though.
- What is your take on mixing family or friendship with business?
Money and blood don’t mix like… refer to Ten crack commandments – B.I.G.
- What are some of the challenges entrepreneurs face in Kenya?
- Political instability
- Unfavorable business environment.
- Cost of starting and maintaining a business is unrealistic. Let’s talk about good wills etc.
- Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us:
I have never owned a laptop
- Who are the Top 5 male entrepreneurs you look up to?
- Jay Z
- Bill Gates
- James Mwangi
- John D Rockefeller
- If you could be the president of Kenya what would you do differently in terms of employment creation and creating a thriving environment for businesses?
Create 10 factories every month. We have space, we have the resources we have the labour. NO ROOM FOR EXCUSES!!
- Kindly tell us your parting shot in regards to both life and work:
Honesty is a form of currency.